Thursday, 21 February 2008

My brother.

I feel like I have a lot so say since my last blog. However, I shall take time to mull it over before making the mistake of writing it down.

Delight is performing with my brother. Delight is the way our voices fit togethr perfectly in harmony. I once performed with 90 of the most talented people i've ever met, but nothing will ever compare to performing with him. Delight is when we end the song and I see my grandma crying, or that one time my parents said they were proud of me. Those are the moments that keep me going.

On the night of my 18th birthday, we stayed up singing in the moonlight until 4am. Most of my friends on their 18ths would probably have been passed out on the floor at this point after a wild night out, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. He's always there when I need to escape the world, enter our own and jam in his room, and that was one of the things that kept me from falling over the edge.

Whether we started playing together at a young age or whether we were encouraged to, I don't know. We've become used to being told to shut up whenever the TV is required, and hardly ever get any praise from our parents. What I do know is that as we have grown, so has the passion for our music, and I never feel so happy as when my brother is singing next to me, seeing the passion that is not for me, but for the music we're creating, and that is delight.




Now I no longer live "at home", I do miss him a lot. Sometimes my voice and keyboard seem so lonely, as if they are longing for that second voice and soft strumming of a guitar to make them feel complete, but I guess that it makes it that much better when they are reunited.

No comments: