Monday, 18 February 2008

The general public suck.

I fell over today. Not just a trip, but a fully fledged fall. Flat on my face, bags everywhere, arms and legs sprawled embarassingly across the floor. It was one of those things where it took me by so much shock that it took me a few seconds longer than it should have to realise what had happened. Just to add to my embarassment, not one person stopped to help me. I'd actually quite hurt my knee and head and found it a bit hard to stand straight away, yet people continued to walk past ignoring the tragedy that was me. I was shocked. If someone had fallen over like that near me, i'd at least check if they were okay. I had already come to realise that a large percentage of the world don't give a shit, but I was obviously quite hurt. If an old lady had fallen over, would they have helped her? Probably. I'm young though so I must be okay, or not worth helping, right? Maybe I shouldn't hold doors open for people I don't know anymore. No-one seems to do it for me! I can't believe how rude and obnoxious the general public have become. I sometimes wish I was born decades ago, but then i'd have to sacrifice my rights as a woman. I can't win!

3 comments:

lucky girl said...

it is fucking ridiculous isnt it.
sense of community in a city is pretty hard pushed anyway, but it is no better in towns and villages nowadays,as far as i'm aware.

when i saw you carrying all those heavy shopping bags the other day, my gut instinct was to help you carry them, although i whole heartedley admit that when people drop things, i hesitate before offering to help pick them up.

modern life is rubbish.

37minutestomonday said...

It really sucks what the world is starting to become, doesn't it? I would have helped you and asked how you were if I'd been there and didn't know you. If someone falls over right by you, you should help, but it's a bit more understandable if they're the other side of a crowd or something. Still, there's not really any excuse

Anonymous said...

i hate it when things like that happen and people just walk on by. what kind of people are they